It might be a busy week, but I wouldn’t be myself if I didn’t weigh my rubbish. So, let’s see how things went in the first (partial) week of the BF living at live-to-list-ville:
That’s the weight for three weeks worth of trash, so, this week’s weigh in is: 548 – 67 -172 = 302g
Not my biggest week. Just my second biggest week. And here’s why
- meat trays: with all the moving, I settled for meat from the grocery store, in non recyclable trays
- ice cream wrappers: why does stress come with eating bad things, and thinking it’s ok?
- cheese packets: yes, I used up TWO of the packets in the photo from last week
- apple puree cups: I was feeling ill, so I always go for apple sauce to settle my tummy. Whilst I can buy it in a jar (with cinnamon), I somehow just got single portions pack, with three cups and three pretend foil lids.
- tortilla bag: I’m not sure I can buy these without plastic, though I could look into making them?
- plastic wrapping from a lamp: this cellophane wrapping was removed to show the lamp’s fabric (like it’s already un-plasticed twin)
- tea bags: yes, I still have a stash. And I could empty out the tea leaves to the Bokashi, and just trash the string and staple, but I’m not that vigilant (yet)
So I’m not that happy, but it’s not *that* bad. I’ve got to focus on work, and packing my house/showing my house, so I let other things slip.
I also indulged in a cleaner to do the bathroom and the oven yesterday. She emptied the bathroom bin (curses – seriously, my boyfriend thinks I’m the only person who’d have a problem with a cleaner emptying bins!). Thankfully, I found the bin liner and contents in the kitchen bin, so I weighed them. There’s ‘wet’ stuff still inside, so it’s heavier than it I did it later:
It’s by no means ‘full’ but this is 216g since 22 May – so more than two months. In this bag we have:
- cotton buds: using the last of the ‘normal’ ones up before buying bamboo ones
- floss: remember that the silk thread as floss was a failure, so I’m stuck with this waste. Not yet at rinsing it either…
- dish cloths: from the cleaner. I usually use a microfibre cloth and wash it (in the washing machine) and use a little loo paper for the ickiest of wipe downs.
So there in completes my weekly update. I’m not sure I’ll have a Wednesday Waste post next week – I’ll certainly trash things in the moving day of Monday without weighing them! I’ll perhaps Facebook post any ‘trashing’ in the move process…
On the rental front: There was only one interested couple to apply after two showings. The other couple found the balcony too small. I’ve decided to accept the first couple’s application, rather than lower my rent and see if there’s more interest. The first couple can move in 9th August, which is just 4 days after we vacate, so that’s better than what I might otherwise get. So that’s one more thing sorted…