To mark the 100th post, I thought I’d let you know a little more about me… with a list of random facts.
1. I sleep with a teddy bear, Jessie, whom I’ve had since I was 1. I’m 28 now. She’s not doing so well. But I love her (and now, I know the difference between her and she and he and him! Man did I struggle with gender pronouns when I was young)
2. I spent 7 years at boarding school in Brisbane, QLD, Australia whilst my parents lived in Vanuatu and Wollongong, NSW
3. I have a Cert III in Floristry, even though I work as an engineer.
4. I prefer trains to buses, but try to walk if it’s possible.
5. I’ve never drunk Coke in my life – well, not more than a sip.
6. Despite having typing lessons at 11 (in Vanuatu, no summer camps there!) I learnt more typing on MSN at 14!
7. I have 4 email addresses, I think…
8. I played both cello and trombone in school. But not once since. I don’t even really miss it.
9. I’m the eldest of three, with two brothers.
10. I didn’t get my full unrestricted drivers licence until I was 23 (and working in my career – seems like it took me less time to get a Bachelors degree!)
11. I’m liberal minded about almost anything, except illicit drugs.
12. I grew up wanting to be a pilot. After I rejected the air force, and self funding, I thought I’d do forensic chemistry. So… how’d I end up as an engineer?
13. I’ve never owned a car. The one I share with my brother was inherited from my non-driving Grandma, and was ‘bought’ by my mother for $1.
14. I’m scared of swimming with fish. I’m not sure when I ‘got’ this fear, as I snorkeled up to age 12 in Vanuatu without any panic attacks, but since then… well…
15. In school, I played: netball, hockey, water polo, volleyball & ball games (ain’t that quaint?), I also swam and was in athletics in primary school.
16. I’ve visited 34 countries (more than one a year, on average)
17. Back to cars, I’ve never hired a car. I used to think it was to avoid the under 25 surcharge, but I’m no longer under 25
18. For years, I thought they said ‘Thank Peter God’ not ‘Thanks be to God’ after the gospel in church (silly billy)
19. I love to sing along to the radio in the car – the louder the music the better really!
20. I’d never want to be famous – I can’t imagine anything worse than my photo on billboards and in magazines, and being interviewed and the like. Maybe that’s why it took me a while to get on the blogging bandwagon.